Saturday, October 11, 2008

Caleb's first emergancy

With September, came Caleb's first trip to Urgent Care. Ironically enough, depsite the crazy antics boys can get themselves into, this had absolutely nothing to do with big brother, Ryan, or with just being a boy. It was a Sunday, daddy was outside digging trenches, Ryan was upstairs, I was working around the house, and Caleb was in the living room. All of a sudden, just as I was passing through the entryway, I heard Caleb screaming. I look over and Caleb had tripped over a toy and fell square on the leg of the foose-ball table. He was face down on a pillow (conviently placed I might ad!). I ran over to him and turned him over. That's when I saw the blood. I banged on the window which John, being a smart guy, realized meant come quick, and ran back to scoop up Caleb. We got the bleeding stopped enough to travel and decided that he needed stitches. I volunteered to go since John made the last ER visit with Ryan last spring (root tone in the eye). We managed to make it to the Urgent Care, all while trying to keep Caleb from taking his afternoon nap - of course all head injuries seem to happen right at nap time! Anyway, to make a short story even longer, Caleb was a complete trooper at the Urgent Care. He was very calm, even when being wrapped like a mummy, and didn't start screaming until they stuck the needle straight in the wound to administer the anesthetic. The result were three stitches and a nice littlle scar on his forhead - the first of many I am sure!


No comments: